PITCH!

This week we carried out our pitches for our outline of a script. I explained I chose a feature length film called “One Way” and the overall genre was Sci-Fi, Thriller and Action. I also went through that my audience would ideally be aged 15 plus, due the certificate being a 15 and because of the thriller elements that would be included in the visuals (alien, blood, claustrophobic). After pitching my idea to Shaun and Phil they then asked me a few questions and suggested some more into my head which has helped me to think about how to develop my overall storyline into a better script narrative. A couple things popped up that caught my attention, was the fact that it may work better if comedy was a genre that I should consider (similar to films like Paul and Shaun of the Dead) and should I include an actual Alien due to the huge character driven narrative I already have. These two things have really stood out to me and I am going to revise my outline and possibly try and fit these elements into it, as I really like these ideas.